Established in 1926
On March 18, 1924 Mrs. T. Willard Barret, who was apart of the Women's Civic Club, offered her home to start the first library.
Such an interest grew, her home no longer could accommodate. Plans were made for a new library building on borough property on Maryland Avenue. The new library was then dedicated on November 4, 1926.
Prospect Park Library keeps the original 10 books--also called the nucleus of the Library--displayed in a glass class located at the library.
The five members who organized the library were: Mr. J. Willard Barrit, Mrs. Edith Flanningan, Mrs. Lillian A. Butler, Mrs. J. Burton Haines, and Mrs. Victor A. Debes.